Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Learning through parenting

Following my parents return to CO, my mother-in-law flew in from GA to spend a week helping us out and loving up on her two Utah grandchildren. She's a terrific cook so Greg and I benefited from her culinary genius! She also prepared some meals ahead for the week that my father-in-law would come to visit. He actually flew in this morning.

Below is Charlotte dressed up for her visit to the pediatrician's office. As you can see, she's not the happiest with this arrangement. The doctor's visit was terrific though--she's healthy and back up to her birth weight.



Nana and Charlotte bonded during this week, and Nana was christened with several of Charlotte's blow-outs!


We got pretty carried away dressing Charlotte up and taking pictures. She's really easy to photograph!


You know, it's interesting how I'm learning through parenting Paton. Obviously, I'm going through sleep deprivation since Charlotte needs to eat a few times during the night. And I can't help remembering that even though I'm tired during the day, I'm still responsible for my attitude and actions. After all, I hold Paton (my toddler) to that standard. No matter how short the nap or how disturbed the night's rest, he still isn't allowed to throw temper tantrums or fits during the day. Obedience is non-negotiable. As I voiced this to a very loving grandparent (can't remember which one), it immediately struck me that God expects the same from me! Funny how that works.

No comments:

Post a Comment