Saturday, March 31, 2012

God Provides


One of the many things I've learned from living here is that it can be hard work living here! Our home is heated by propane, and as I'm sure you're aware, propane is certainly not cheap! So, in order to be as resourceful as possible, Greg spend many days in the woods last summer gathering dead wood from fallen trees. We have a wonderful wood stove in the basement that can heat our home to a very comfortable temperature even on the coldest of days. But even after several days of gathering and splitting, we didn't have quite enough to last us through the winter.


How good God was in providing excellent deals on chords of wood on ksl.com (kind of like our own local craigslist.com) and through folks from our church who just wanted to get rid of their wood. Added to that is the blessing of an early spring! So not only do we have a head start on our wood supply for next year, but we also conserved plenty of propane for this year by heating our home primarily by our wood stove!


I enjoy working outside, so I'm looking forward to helping my husband gather, split, and stack firewood for this year (last year I was pregnant). I'm also looking forward to seeing how the Lord will provide for us again!



No comments:

Post a Comment