Thursday, November 18, 2010

Staying Busy

Two clean bathrooms. Two empty hampers resulting in full dresser drawers. A dishwasher full of clean, hot dishes. Garbage can empty w/ new trash bag. And a guest room almost ready for guests. That’s what I can accomplish while my son sleeps. Quite a profitable afternoon. I willingly admit, however, that bathroom cleaning is my least favorite responsibility in being a wife. Let me mow the lawn or shovel the driveway any day.

Still praying for the Lord’s will in finding a house. Here’s what Matthew 7 taught me. “Ask and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you….If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him! (vs7, 11)”  Well, the Scriptures are directly addressing where I’m struggling right now. In my head I know that God gives good gifts, but I often find myself becoming impatient for those gifts. A home is a good gift right? Then why can’t God reveal it to us now? But then I must stop myself and thank Him for providing a roof over our heads at this present moment. He’ll reveal it in His time.

I’m working through the New Testament and recording who God says He is and who others say He is. Perhaps other books in the NT do this, but I’m finding it interesting how often the book of Matthew uses the term “Father” for God. Along with going through Matthew, I’m also reading through Romans and noticing that Romans doesn’t refer to God as “Father” quite as much as Matthew. Something for me to ponder…

Berries just outside my condo. I'm assuming they're poisonous since the birds haven't gobbled them up.

The Treehouse Museum in Ogden is a wonderful place of learning for children. Here's Paton deciding if being the president is worth the hype.

I used to think it was odd when residents of the valley would post in the Ogden Valley News angry letters about hunters killing the bucks/does that they had bonded with. Now such feelings are not strange to me. There is a deer family behind our condo that I've grown attached to. The young doe has a limp but keeps up with the others just fine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment