Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Matthew 6


Matthew 6 was exactly what I needed in my devotions this morning. To give you a little background, my husband and I have been looking for a home here in Utah for the past couple months, and the right home just hasn’t come along yet. Since my nesting urge has hit me rather hard lately, I have been anxious about finding our “forever home”, yet the Lord has chosen not to reveal it in my timing. Patience and relying upon the Lord in this has been difficult for me. Then I came across Matthew 6:25-34. If God can feed the birds of the air and clothe the lily in beauty, can’t he also take such tender care of me-his child? So what should my response to these trials be? “But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble (33-34).” Thank-you Lord for such a gentle reminder that you care for me.

My ladies’ Bible study has just finished up for the semester. We’ll be starting up again in the spring, but I have just loved getting to know our women better through our times together. Meeting in each other’s homes has provided an atmosphere in which we can be comfortable in being open and honest about what the Lord is teaching us.

Paton continues to grow and develop. Within the last few days, he's begun an interest in books. One book, Teddy Bear, Teddy Bear is his favorite. We point to the different items in the book and try to identify them. So far he likes "balls" and "shoes." He points to his foot when we talk about shoes. 
Daddy had a bit of fun with Paton's hair in this photo. We call it his "slap-down comb-over" look.
Another day I had my fun with my mousse. Personally, I think he's quite handsome with curly hair! In the first picture you can see two of his six teeth. They are quite the little chompers, and we've had a few obedience sessions when it comes to biting!

No comments:

Post a Comment