Thursday, August 30, 2012

Crafting with the kids!

To my shame, I do not craft at all with Paton. There's the play-dough time and the painting w/ Crayola's no-mess paint, but I don't pull out the craft stuff for just one child. I know I probably should. But I don't....

Today, I watched two of Paton's friends while their mommy finished unpacking their belongings into their new house. I've watched them before but never intentionally prepared a craft project for the the three kiddos. Today I changed all that.

First, table prep. I used easel paper that I kept stored in a closet. It had been a while since I even looked at these old drawings so it was neat to pull them out.




After gathering my supplies, time to craft! The kiddos made paper plate lady bugs and egg carton caterpillars.








I had them paint with their fingers since I didn't want to mess with brushes. Besides, the kids loved getting their hands dirty.

The last craft was a non-messy, quiet kind of craft. I gave them buttons to string on to pipe cleaners. They were supposed to be button snakes or button bracelets, but they just loved stringing the buttons on period. Never mind making it into a snake!







And then, of course, I need to add that tonight was the South Carolina Gamecocks season-opening football game. USC vs. Vandy. Go Gamecocks! I love Charlotte's face!


1 comment:

  1. I need to do more crafts too!!!Looks like great fun!They are getting so big!

    ReplyDelete