Friday, January 13, 2012

Charlotte's Nursery

Today marks the day that we're officially done working on Charlotte's room...not to say that nothing can ever be added to it. Rather, as far as we've planned, we're done! Since Paton is still in the crib, my mom got a bassinet for Charlotte until either she grows out of it or Paton moves into a toddler bed. As far as Paton goes, I'm not eager beaver on moving Paton out of the crib so it's nice to have the bassinet for Charlotte.

The walls were already painted a nice neutral color, so Greg and I decided to just keep them neutral. That decision has to do largely with the fact that while we lived in Missouri, we had to paint every wall in the house (literally...most of the walls were pink). So, you can imagine that we weren't too eager to paint yet again.

Charlotte's room is a garden theme from IKEA. My crafty mother-in-law sewed the curtains from IKEA sheets that I really liked, and my father-in-law suggested the red buttons just below the loops. The rug also follows the garden theme...hence the broccoli and carrots.

I liked some wall art that I saw online, so my mother-in-law made the ones below to complement the theme. The light is also from IKEA and is on a dimmer for those middle-of-the-night feedings.

IKEA had stuffed veggies that went along with the theme and we just had to have them! My father-in-law and I installed the shelf.

Below is Charlotte's bassinet courtesy of my parents. My dad assembled it over the holidays. Inside you may see yet more stuffed veggies!

Aaaaaand the infamous wall sticker. I say infamous because it's not as easy to install as the install video would have you believe. Regardless, I love how it looks next to Charlotte's air-filled ladybug! You know, as my husband and I were painstakingly trying to adhere this to the wall, the images that were coming to mind were of Paton systematically pulling off each leaf and joyfully proclaiming, "Look, Mommy! Leaf!"

The a fore-mentioned rug and other close-ups.




So to give credit where credit is due...I thank my in-laws, the Bakers, for all of the decorating. I'm certainly not crafty enough to have come up with all of this on my own. And also I thank my parents for the bassinet and other furniture. You guys are the best!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute! Hopefully she'll like to eat her veggies too :) Congrats on little Charlotte--hope to hear good news of her not-too-early arrival.

    ReplyDelete