Saturday, December 10, 2011

Ladies' Ornament/Cookie Exchange

 In my opinion, December is one of the most fun months around here. There are so many excuses for us ladies to get together, and we certainly do take advantage of it! This weekend, we gathered for our annual ornament/cookie exchange. Above is a picture of the cookie table, and below you'll see the ottoman is covered with the different wrapped ornaments. My living room was just big enough for all 21 ladies! We conducted our ornament exchange much like the typical white elephant exchange where the gifts are opened one at a time and the next lady in the order can either steal an ornament already opened or choose an unwrapped ornament from the middle. Next year, I think I'll switch it up a bit. One of my ladies suggested opening all the ornaments in the first round, and then the second round is reserved for the "stealing." I'll think we'll try that method next year. One of our college girls stole the ornament I wanted--a pink, glass octopus.
 Two of the teens from my Sunday School class came. Together, they made a platter of cookies (they were my favorite cookies) and each brought their own ornament. I enjoy having them at our events for soon they will be college girls!

Below is a picture of my platter after I collect the customary 3 cookies from each variety. My husband is a happy man when he comes home after a cookie swap. Thankfully, Paton really isn't into cookies right now (so I don't have to share too much!).
 One of my ladies insisted on taking a picture of me...since I was the one behind the camera for the night. Below is a side profile of my pregnant self (I didn't realize until later that she took this one!). Charlotte was a busy baby that evening, and I think she sensed the excitement for it certainly felt like she was doing jumping jacks in there!
This is not the end of our Christmas gatherings. One week from today will be our church's annual Christmas Caroling at The Valley Market. And then our church has a Christmas Eve Candlelight Service every Christmas Eve. Looking forward to all of our upcoming events!

No comments:

Post a Comment