Saturday, December 17, 2011

Gingerbread House Decorating

A friend of ours from church invited our family to their house for gingerbread house decorating. Upon arriving we discovered that this family had bought everyone their own house to decorate complete with a table full of any kind of candy you could think of. Thankfully, Paton was preoccupied with the excitement that one dog and two puppies could bring, so he didn't even offer to help decorate! This meant that Greg and I could focus all of our creative, competitive juices towards our project. Greg joked that decorating definitely tapped into his obsessive compulsive side!




After looking back over the evening, I've decided that next year I will strategize ahead of time what my decorating plan will be. Considering that I didn't grow up decorating gingerbread houses, I don't think I did too bad. Greg admitted later that he could have stayed up until midnight perfecting his house!

Below is Cherise playing with Paton and the giant purple exercise ball. That was a source of great fun! Also is Boomer, Cherise's miniature Schnauzer, on the couch with Paton. Yet another example of why we need a dog...every little boy needs a dog.



Several other folks were there that evening. On the left in the picture below is Katrina (Trey-nina or K-nina to Paton), then Amy and her mom Gloria. Kyla sits texting since she finished her "Snowman Church."



One of the highlights of my evening was watching Greg's focus as he built. He is convinced that his house is better than mine, and I do have to hand it to him...not too shabby, Baker!




Last is my house. As you can see, my scatterbrain design only proves my earlier position--that next year I will plan early exactly how I want my house!



2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great night. I sure do love all your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful job guys! It looks like you've started a family tradition.Love, Mom.

    ReplyDelete