Saturday, September 3, 2011

Opening Game of 2011

Today was our South Carolina Gamecocks opening game, but before I get to that I have to share something that I experienced for the first time today. Ever since I put my hummingbird feeder up, I've seen plenty of hummingbird behavior. I've learned that they are territorial and will protect their source of food quite vociferously. But never in my life have I seen one just sit and preen. I was so enamored by this that I just stood by the sliding door and watched...and took a few pictures.






This is our traditional shot on the first game day of the season. Oh...and the Gamecocks won against East Carolina (56-37).

Paton had a clumsy day and earned his very first band-aid worthy "owie."


Here are Paton and Daddy enjoying a pre-game wrestling match.
 
Our opening game spread...complete with Gamecock plates and napkins (courtesy of my in-laws).

A football spread must come with chicken wings and nacho cheese dip.

And Cokes inside game-appropriate paraphernalia.


I love it when Paton picks up a book on his own and reads.

This is one of his favorites as he can name most of the shapes in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment