Monday, March 21, 2011

Ladies Night Out and Sushi

The ladies from our church got together Saturday night and went to Windy's Sukiyaki (a Japanese Restaurant). What a great time of fellowship we had together! We get together once a month for a time of fellowship and refreshment.


 The chairs had no legs and rested on the floor. The floor under the table was hollowed out so that our legs could dangle. When I first walked in, I thought we were all going to have to sit that close together with no room for our legs!



 I did not master the chopsticks as quickly as some of the other ladies.


 Several who did not like sushi and such chose a chicken, beef, shrimp ensemble.





 This was my plate. The dark red meat was salmon, the yellow was a sweet omelet (did not taste like egg, though), the white meat w/ a black band around it was octopus (a little tough), the one on the right end was shrimp, bottom left of the shrimp was squid (my favorite), top left of the shrimp was yellowtail (not bad), and left bottom from the octopus was....I forget now.

 Julie and I also got a side of green mussels. I could probably eat an entire place of mussels. Yum! Who knew I'd be such a fan of raw fish!

No comments:

Post a Comment