Monday, December 6, 2010

Ladies Ministry

I've really enjoyed getting to know the ladies in our church. In an effort to grow closer together, our planning committee put together one activity each month for the next 6 or 7 months. Last month, our theme centered around candy or sweets. Wendy taught us how to pull candy, and we played games centering on sweet things. I gave the challenge on God providing our needs even before we ask. If we, as parents, know how to give good gifts to our children, then God certainly knows how to give good gifts to his people. Another highlight of that evening was picking our secret sisters. For the next year, each lady will have another lady in the church that she will pray for and give little gifts to. All of this is done anonymously, of course (hence the "secret").






December's event was our ornament/cookie exchange. We did a basic swap where one can "steal" an ornament from another. Each lady also brought 4 dozen cookies. In the end, we all got to pick 3 cookies from each platter. That's a lot of cookies for my family, so I'm hoping that freezing them until Christmas Eve works!





2 comments:

  1. Okay, Danielle, I have to be honest here. I thought you had given up on blogging after your first blog. I neglected to put your blog in my reader, but thought that I had... So glad you wrote on my blog so I could come back here!!! I just spent the last few minutes catching up. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it that you have a blog now and I can keep more up to date on your life. Keep the posts coming! Been thinking of you lots my friend and love the comments on my blog!! (Comment make me VERY happy! Hey, its the little things...) P.S. You are now in my blog reader so I can always know when you post. = )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laura! I have enjoyed reading your posts and regret that I didn't start sooner. Technology is a wonderful thing! You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete