Sunday, June 24, 2012

VBS, Church Picnic, Nana & Zoe

What a busy week we have just finished up! Our church's annual VBS was held last week from 6-8:30 each evening. Since I have two fairly young children, I was limited in how I could help. That's been a real growing experience for me, by the way. Not being able to be at each ministry helping in the way that I'm used to helping since I have two little ones. There have been some dear friends, though, who have encouraged me by reminding me of my main ministry....my family.

I was able to tag team along w/ my hubby the Bible teaching for the older kids. He taught MWF and I taught TTh, plus I also was the final score updater at the end of each evening. Below is one of our dear ladies helping me with Charlotte.


Around mid week we visited a family in our church who just bought a pig (not for a pet...for slaughter at the end of the summer). Paton had never been up close and personal with a pig before, so I thought it would be a fun experience. The pig looks just like Wilbur!


We paint our own VBS props using the over head projector, large pieces of cardboard, and willing painting volunteers.


The Saturday after VBS ended, my mother-in-law and niece flew in from the South to visit us! I had actually asked Karen if she minded flying out here to take care of my kids while I speak at Pioneer Bible Camp. It's their "All Girls Week" starting tomorrow, and I was asked to be the speaker. My mother-in-law was happy to oblige, and we got the added bonus of her other granddaughter coming with her. Zoe is Greg's brother's daughter, and she and Paton get along very well together. Below is the "before church" pic. Such cuties!


Our church picnic was this afternoon following the worship service and this was my dessert contribution. Ice cream cone cakes...cones w/ cake batter, frosted w/ sprinkles. Funny thing though...the kids ate all of them except the cones w/ the clear sprinkles. What is it about multicolored sprinkles that makes food more enjoyable? Perhaps I'll put sprinkles on green beans and see what happens.






My mother-in-law took Zoe and Paton to the grocery store and you may notice on Paton's forehead his souvenir from the trip. After he got home, he immediately wanted to show me is owie and then said, "It's okay, Mommy. It happens." I'm glad he's a trooper b/c it looks painful!



Upcoming...I'll teach at camp this week. Greg teaches at camp next week during their junior high week. And then perhaps by mid July I can recover from all of this!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment