Monday, May 21, 2012

Marathon & Paton turns 3


This past weekend was filled was exciting events! First, my parents drove here from CO in order to be with us for Paton's 3rd birthday. As it happened, Greg and I were running the Ogden Marathon/Half Marathon that same weekend. It really helped having them here for such a busy few days.

Dad got a new, very nice camera, and he practiced on his grandchildren all weekend! Charlotte has been much more vocal lately, and he enjoyed shooting her many expressions.



Greg took Dad up to Powder Mountain Ski Area. During the winter, Powder has some of the best powder around! Regardless of the season, it has some of the best views.




Greg found a beaver dam and brought me home one of the gnawed off sticks.


Friends of mine are on an Alaskan cruise, so we're watching their golden-doodle while they're away. I couldn't possibly ask for a better dog for the children. Sasha and Paton are great friends, and she adores Charlotte and guards her when we're at the park.


On Saturday, I ran a half marathon while, at the same time, Greg ran a marathon. What a great experience it was! This was Greg's second marathon and my first half. Even today I'm still feeling the pain of that run!


We all love to dress Charlotte up for church!


Paton's birthday is officially today, but we celebrated it on Sunday. It was a Mickey Mouse theme since he absolutely loves Mickey!






Since there were 11 toddlers at my house, we decided to make our porch the eating area.

One of the games was for the children to find a mouse with their name on it. Parents helped those who couldn't read.


Bubbles are always a hit!


Paton got a bike from my parents! We're still practicing the whole pedaling part.

A wonderful weekend....and now I need to recover from it all!

No comments:

Post a Comment