Friday, November 4, 2011

The Great Pumpkin


Gathering inspiration from another blogger friend (Ti-Ti's Times), I decided to chronicle my pumpkin adventures. A friend from my church gave me this monstrous pumpkin to bake, puree, and then freeze for organic baby food when Charlotte is ready for solids. And yes, should you ask, I did discover that a serated knife is much better for pumpkins than the knife I have pictured above.

Cutting the stem out proved to be the most difficult of all the steps, and then the cleaning out of the pumpkin halves proved to be the most labor intensive. Separating the seeds from the flesh was probably the most boring. But it was all worth it since I'll have organic baby food for free next year!





When Paton saw that I was taking pictures, he jumped in front of the camera and kept saying, "Cheese, Mommy. Cheese!" So I indulged him and took a few shots.



That same day was another first...my first wood stove burn. I was stocking the stove with a huge log when the side of my arm touched the edge of the stove opening. It kind of looks like Styrofoam burned...the way my skin looks pulled apart. It distressed Paton to see it. He would offer to kiss it for me many times that day.


No comments:

Post a Comment