Monday, November 7, 2011

First Snow of the Season

 This being our first snow in our home, I felt a little bit of trepidation when I heard wintery weather was coming. Would our house keep us warm? Is is completely water-proof now? Needless to say, we're doing just fine in our home and keeping quite warm with the wood stove downstairs heating the house perfectly! No need to turn on the propane-fueled heat yet...thankfully so since propane is pretty expensive right now. I've even learned how to quickly start a fire without too much smoke in my eyes during the building process. Paton likes to "help" me start the fire by mimicking my blowing technique. He's very good though about not touching the stove-this was an initial worry but he's really shown no interest in exploring that part of the basement living room.

Obviously, we have many more months of winter ahead of us, but I'm still rejoicing that the Lord provided us with such a wonderful house here in the valley. I couldn't have asked for a better home. Now all that's needed to complete it is a dog!





No comments:

Post a Comment