Wednesday, October 24, 2012

In the last month...

So much has happened in the last month since I last wrote. Our church's annual Harvest Hoedown was the last Saturday in September. We enjoyed food, fellowship, games, and pumpkin carving! The next week I turned 31 the same day we traveled to SC and GA for 10 days. Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures of our trip...except 1.


This was the day of the SC vs. GA game...such a tough loss for us. Anyway, Charlotte is wearing a pillow dress that a lady in my mother-in-law's church made. Super cute!

Our reason for traveling to the South was to recruit summer camp staff for Pioneer Bible Camp. Bob Jones University holds a Summer Ministry Recruitment Conference each year, and camps around the country are invited to come in the hopes of recruiting workers. There were at least 30 other ministries looking for workers, but despite the large group, we were thrilled that the Lord brought us some great contacts! We returned home October 12.

The next week I had the opportunity to attend a pastor's wives retreat for a few days and had a wonderful time of fellowship and spiritual refreshment. Since that meant that Greg was home with the kids, I did my best to find sitters so he could get some things done while I was gone (sermon prep and the like).

This morning has been a little rough. Charlotte is struggling w/ a pink eye variety and Paton threw up all over himself. So, needless to say, we're staying home from AWANA this evening.

We got a terrific snow storm yesterday! The before pic and the during pic are below!




Paton was so excited about the snow that he begged me to go outside with him and build a snowman. I bundled him up and away we went!



I had to bribe him to come inside later since both of us were soaked due to the wet, heavy snow that came down while we were outside.

1 comment:

  1. As much as it pains me to say....I believe SC did indeed win against GA so the tough loss is on GA I'm afraid.

    ReplyDelete