Monday, September 24, 2012

Since 2008


Greg and I have had family pics each fall since I got pregnant with Paton in 2008. Above is our first family pic when I was about 4 months pregnant. Our photographer friend offered to do family pics before we started having kids. He said we'd appreciate it later....he was right! Ever since that year, I've made it a priority to get our family pictures each fall so that we'd have something to use in our Christmas letter. So now it's tradition, and it's one that I love.

This same photographer friend took next year's photo when Paton was about 4 or 5 months old. Our family dog, Dolly, was still with us then.


Next year's photo was taken in Utah a few months after we moved here. We didn't have a photographer friend in UT yet, so I set up our camera on a tripod and tried to get the mountains in the background. I remember Paton being particularly naughty that morning.


The next year we had made a dear friend in the church who took our family shots. I didn't actually plan our outfits to match...that just happened. I was 4 or 5 months pregnant with Charlotte. Though it was October here, the weather was rather warm.


This year, the colors in the mountains were beautiful! Not sure why this turned out so blurry on my blog. Paton is three and Charlotte is 7 months old. Love our photographer friend!


We're definitely going to keep this tradition alive. I really love looking back and seeing how our family has changed over the last few years. The Lord has been so good to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment