Saturday, April 9, 2011

Rashes and Snowboards

Paton is in the last stages of Fifths Disease--the rash. There is no cure for this, so all I can do is offer some relief from the itching by applying calamine lotion to the itchy spots and then 1/4 tsp. of benadryl orally every 4 hours. These pics were taken before the rash got really intense, but the little boy has been bearing up quite well.




It's also called "slapped cheek" disease for the reason you see below.


I've been forgetting all season to take a snowboarding pic, and I finally remembered this last week. I've been steadily improving my riding all season (like all of the 5-6 times that I've gone!) and am seriously considering trading in my skiing prowess for riding. I've borrowed this board from a friend of mine who didn't ride this season. The best part about the board is the praying mantis between the bindings. No tricks or jumps yet...I'm still doing my best not to knock myself senseless! Word from the wise--learning to snowboard is a painful experience! Thank goodness for helmets!

No comments:

Post a Comment